This week is a short work week for me today is my Thursday! Makes Monday seem a little nicer!!! I haven't taken off days all together for just me to do what ever I please ever. I have been here 10 years and my times off have been for fire dept things, kids appts, birth of my kids and doctor appts for me. So I am looking forward to having Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday off from both jobs. Sunday I work at the ambulance and then off both jobs on Monday.
This weekend was youth deer season and Blake went out Saturday morning for a bit but said it was to cold and came back in after an hour or so. Later that day they went back out and I got a call and he said he shot one but they would look for it soon. I had to work Saturday night and they never called so I figured they never found it or he didn't hit it good.
Saturday was also the day for my Grandpas Memorial and Dinner and it went very very well. I think my Grandma had a good time visiting with people she hadn't seen in years, neighbors that she don't talk to all the time and people from the community and church that knew him and wanted to pay their respects. Was very very good food of course dinners like that with the ladies who love to cook home made from scratch everything is the best!
Sunday Blake went back out hunting again once I got home from work. Nathan and I went and got groceries and spent the day getting asked. When will bubba be back are they going to shoot a deer, why can't I go out and hunt. Oh and then lots of meltdowns that made your head spin. Didn't help I felt like crud all day between working way to much the last 7 days and getting a cold/sinus stuff going on I hit the wall and was blah.
Sunday evening Blake calls me right before dark and tells me he shot at a BIG deer and hit it. But they were going to wait a bit before tracking it so it wouldn't spook and run if it wasn't hit good. Half hour later Kenny came home to get flashlights and to get Nathan and I so we could help him find his deer. We looked and walked forever in the dark in woods on a farm my step dad has cattle on. But we found it. I will do a separate post with more pictures and his story on how he got his first ever deer.
He is one proud boy but didn't want to help gut it (don't blame him). I am printing pictures today so he can take one to school and show it off.
Oh, Shelley, I am so sorry!! I forgot all about your Grandpa's Memorial Service. I had planned on going and thought of it all last week and never thought any more about it until just now when I read of it. Tell your Grandma I'm thinking of her.
ReplyDelete