Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Already!!!!!!!!

This week has FLOWN by!!!! Have so much to blog about and pictures to post but have been way to busy to get pics from my phone to my computer. May try phone blogging tonight while I am at work. Will need something to do while the guys are either playing xbox or watching baseball or sleeping...

Last Saturday we had our lemonade stand and I will have to borrow some pictures from our facebook page. Not real sure if I ended up in any pictures or not which sort of bummed me out a bit.... Anyway it was a fun day and we had a couple younger girls I think they were 10 or 12 there and they had lots of fun helping us. We ended up raising over 400.00 for the Take a Stand Against Child Abuse for our county and our stand won 3rd place for creativity! Not bad for our first go at doing the lemonade stand.
When we were cleaning up from that one of the medics asked if I could cover for him for a couple hours while he attended his son's birthday party. Well his couple hours ended up being 6! It felt so odd being back to work but in a good way. We ran one call when I was there. Sunday I worked a full 24 hour shift and we were steady most of the day. We didn't have any calls all night which was good if I could have slept... I had just started getting used to sleeping there when I got hurt now its back to square one with that.


Monday was a driving class at the ambulance base and it was mandatory. Well lets just say I had myself all worked up freaked out and nervous... The guys on Sunday didn't help any telling me things about the course and the class... So Monday morning came I was nervous but the classroom part was a breeze the driving part well not so much. They had an obstacle course set up we had to go thru. I have drove an ambulance maybe 20-30 times since I was hired in March. I haven't had to maneuver thru any tight spots yet and had all pretty much drive forward and go and only backing was in to the bay at the base. So I waited and got in with the medic/instructor that I knew I would be comfortable with and he knows me well enough to know I am super hard on myself and that I was nervous as I was only newbie taking class everyone else had taken it yearly for lots of years. Well the driving forward weaving thru cones was fine the backing back thru them SUCKED. I tried several times and got super frustrated mad upset and ended up in tears. I felt so stupid that I couldn't do something that other made look easy. Oh then the instructor realized no one had shared with me the trick to doing the back up while weaving! So after a few more people went we gave it another go and I got it first try! Makes a difference when they tell you tips and tricks on how to do it!!!
I was upset and that medic knew it and understood and I was like ok they are all over there laughing at me and he said we have all had our first time at this and none of us ever got it all on first go.. Guess that made sense just hard when you work with people some who have been in that job for longer than I have been alive.

Once I got parked another medic jumped in and she was super sweet and told me not to worry about it that no one thought less of me for it. I got out and went over to the group and another emt who I was pretty sure didn't like me and is a jerk 90% of the time was actually nice and came up and talked to me. Other who wanted to joke about it got told by the lead instructor to back off and let me have space. Right there I realized I  am a part of their group and I need to let go of my self conscious ways and not be so worried that they are judgmental.

Later in the day I thanked the medic/instructor for being so patient and not a jerk about it. He replied and told me no problem they all want me to succeed and be a part of their family and that it will keep getting easier. I hate that I let them see me upset but at least they know I tried and didn't give up and got the job done.

Wednesday was Blake's 8th birthday when did he get so grown up!!!! I will do a post with pictures about our day. But we surprised both boys that morning by telling them we had taken off work and were heading to the zoo and then to the fair that evening. They were shocked and happy, it was a long long day but they did great and had fun.

Blake's party is this Sunday and I still have so much to get done! My grandma baked the cakes and cupcakes and made me some frosting. I had planned on decorating late last night but the fair and the kids wore me out so I will work on it between job one and job two this evening. And finish up tomorrow morning when I get home.

Hope to charge my camera batteries for Sunday and give my camera to a friend to take pics since I usually am running around like crazy trying to get everything cooked and ready.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, this week FLEW!! I was like wow recovery is almost over!

    I hope blake's party goes well!

    ReplyDelete