Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July & Some Other Random Things

We had a pretty low key day yesterday lots of things I would have liked to have got done or took the kids to. However didn't want to fight crowds and try to walk careful while keeping up with the boys and hope no one plowed over me or stepped on my foot...

So we decided to go to a friends house to swim in their "big" pool. Its just an above ground pool but Blake can only touch on his tip toes and well Nathan defiantly can't touch. I was excited because I knew I could get a good workout in along with getting to kick my legs and work my right leg more.

It has been fairly cool here the last several days and boy was the water chilly. One of those days you just jump in and get wet all over and then stay down in the water. I was nervous climbing up the ladder to the pool as I hadn't tried steps yet but it was pretty easy.


Both kids did really good Nathan was a bit nervous not sure about the life jacket and believing it would keep him floating. But he got to where he would jump off the step to us. Blake got a bit better at swimming but still flips out every now and then. Even tho he knew he just had to put his feet down and his head would be above water. I remember being his age and learning to swim in the big pools and it is scary. We plan on going back this weekend. Our friends that have the pool are on vacation and we are going to swim again and then clean the pool it had lots of stuff stuck to the bottom.

After an hour and a half of swimming I got out and sat in the sun and a while after that Nathan decided he wanted to get out and dry off and warm up.

Two hours of swimming both boys were tired and very hungry. Nathan told me he wanted Sonic so we went there and ate. Both boys ate their burger and tater tots usually one or both of them have some left but not yesterday.

We didn't go to see any fireworks most all the ones around here started super late and the kids were tired and ready to go to papa's for the night. So we are doing fireworks on our own tonight at my in-laws and having a bbq.

Tuesday night I wanted to walk up to see our garden. I had only seen it from the house for the last 5 weeks. So Nathan took me up to show me how tall the corn really was.

Can you find him :) That was one of the shorter stalks most are about 6 foot tall now or taller.

It was almost dark so the picture isn't great. We have 7 rows of corn and the row on the right has lots of peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes. We have several little peppers lots of green tomato's and cucumbers are blooming. On the left of the corn is a full row of potatoes and I think they are just about ready to dig some up to have a mess of fresh baby potatoes yum!

Tuesday was also my dr appointment and about an hour prior to the appointment I got a nice surprise.

A very good friend of mine brought me a soda and a snack. Funny thing was I don't know how she knew my favorite candy! Or that I had been wanting M&M's for a while. She had been texting me all day and knew how nervous I was about the appointment. She has been there with me the whole 5 weeks and super supportive and kept me from giving up several times. Can't thank her enough, she had went thru an accident had has pins plates in her leg and ankle so she knew the struggles and understood. It was nice talking to someone who had been down similar road while having kids and knowing the struggles. I do think those were the best M&M's I had ever had not sure if it was from the surprise or just hadn't had any in so long.

Today at work I wore my tennis shoes and walking is a lot easier I haven't got brave enough to try and run or jump or do squats but i am walking with slight limp. I still need to get my ankle joint flexing more and need to search exercises to help with that. I also made my first trip upstairs at work and it was way easier than I had thought.

Of course everyone thinks I am taking it to fast and trying to do to much but I feel good and yes I can tell my right leg is a bit weaker. However I don't think a lot of people realize I had a lot of leg muscle and a lot of strength from workouts running and being active. Its a bit sore still and I feel a bit off balance since my ankle was held so rigid for 5 weeks but I plan to drive starting this weekend and drive to work on Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment