Thursday, July 11, 2013

Weekend Fun, Random Things and winning

Really meant to post a few days ago and then work happened to get busy and never had a chance.. Need to figure out how to blog from my iPhone I know its possible saw blogs where they have mentioned posting but I have yet to figure it out.

Last weekend we had a good weekend kids actually got along fairly well which is rare now days.

Saturday the kids wanted to go swimming at our friends house where we went on Fourth of July. This time I was smart and took a blanket to lay on the grass so I could work on my tan some. The water was still super cold and I never got fully submerged. The kids and Kenny did and swam for almost 2 hours before they were wore out. I decided on the way home to treat them to Steak N Shake to eat at home. Blake asked for a oreo blizzard type thing and I said he could and Nathan wanted a chocolate shake. I got us all something to eat and drink and headed home and got caught in an awful thunderstorm and downpour. By the time I walked the 10 steps from car to garage I was as wet as if I had jumped in the pool!

Sunday I took Nathan with me to pick out some stuff for Blake's birthday and his party. Well it went good until Nathan realized we were getting stuff all for his bubba.... Then the meltdown started partly from being tired and hungry. Made it out of target with no major meltdown and let him choose where to eat lunch. Luckily it didn't take us long to get our food and I kept him busy by letting him play games on my phone.  Had planned on two more stores after lunch but he wanted no part and I didn't want to fight him on it so we headed home.

Kenny and Blake were gone cutting wood so Nathan and I got in the pool and played he was happy I got in there with him and of course being a kid he wanted to get in and out to play and ride bike and back in. Now I know why the water gets so yucky so fast!

Tuesday the sitter asked if the kids and I wanted to go with her, her grandkids and daughters to swim at the big fancy pool they went to a couple weeks ago. I hadn't planned on anything like that but said sure and kids were happy! We were there for a little over an hour and that water was cold. Not sure what is up with pools this year but you would think several hot sunny days that the water would warm up.
I was so proud of both my boys! Nathan was swimming with his life jacket on with no help. He just wanted someone close but not touching him. Blake did great by the time we left he was jumping off diving board and swimming to the side. Still not swimming enough that I would allow him in deep end with out an adult right there but way better than he was!

A few weeks ago I entered a giveaway on a blog I follow.. I enter the giveaways all time and have won stuff a couple times. But its still fun to enter and hope that you will win something. And sure enough I won this awesome shirt and its so soft can't wait to wear it!

I have looked and of course there aren't any of their races anywhere close to me but if there is ever one I plan to enter.

Then this week I was contacted via email that I had one another prize pack. I will blog on it when it comes in. It has several items I have been wanting to try just didn't want to buy it and not like it and be stuck with stuff I won't use.

Tomorrow should be the last doctors appointment and I have my fingers crossed I will get the work release I need to work my shift on Sunday. I still haven't tried jumping or running but walking fast and going up and down stairs is back to almost my normal speed.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for pool time and winning that shirt, looks super comfy! I have read lots of good things about Esprit de She!

    Good luck with doctors appointment, I hope you get your work release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning some fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete