We talked about it and we ended up with a team of six. Me my hubby him his wife her dad and uncle. No one but me has ever done a race and not sure any of them have walked that far at once. I was super shocked and excited that my husband wanted to do the race. He was always ya right no way but I think since its a group of our friends and we will all be walking he decided to go for it. Plus I paid his entry fee.
Last Sunday we realized we needed shirts and a team name. The name half tracks was mentioned... I was at Walmart this week and saw some hot pink men's shirts jokingly I sent Donnie a text saying hey look here's our shirts for the race. We had talked before we needed bright color since race was in the late evening. Well he liked the shirts and color so I bought shirts and shirt paint.
I even found glow in the dark paint ;) I was nice and threw in green since team is 4 guys 2 girls.
Last night we had our board meeting so afterwards Donnie and I stayed and created our team shirts.
This was half way thru process I was a bit OCD wanting them to all match bit when you have shirts ranging from large to 3x it was impossible.. So they are all the same just sized to fit shirt.
I of course had to turn the lights off a lot to see them glow yes I'm crazy.
Here are some of the shirts. We will turn them over and then personalize each one with the team members name. I'm not air sure why we are half tracks but that's what I get for letting guys pick name.
I am excited to do a race and to do it with good friends and to share in their first race experience. I am nervous as I haven't walked 3 miles since before may 25. My only goals are to have fun not be last and to not be last in my age group.
Hope that my husband, Donnie and Ramona have fun and want to do more of them with me. Be nice not to do all races alone.



No comments:
Post a Comment