Thursday, July 25, 2013

Corn corn and more corn

Last night no sooner than the kids and I walk in the door my grandma calls. She informs me tonight is when we will start picking our corn... Not what was on my agenda and Kenny was going to be late getting home. None the less we all started picking corn. Nathan loved it Blake got bored with it quick. 
I was standing about two rows in and this is all you could see around you. 
We made use of the kids sleds to haul the corn from garden down to the house. Nathan was quite the helper. 
Nathan and great grandpa schuking corn he was pretty good at it. I remember doing the same thing at his age each night with my grandparents.

Blake helped off and on he was tired and crabby so I just let him do his thing and he ended up falling asleep early. 
My grandma and I cut the corn off the cob a job I have helped with since I was old enough to use a knife. 
We ended up doing over 200 ears of corn and that was only a small portion of our corn crop!
We filled this huge stock pot up plus another pot by the time we were ready to cook it. 
Grandma and I cooking the corn up. It was a late late night then we got up at 5 this morning to put it in freezer bags.  I'm thankful that my grandparents are still around do show my kids gardening and things I have fond memories doing as a child. 

1 comment:

  1. love love love corn on the cob. Reminds me when I was younger and my parents would have me peel all the corn on the front porch in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete