Monday, December 5, 2011

The weekend

Woke up this morning knowing it was Monday and really wondering where the weekend went. Felt like it had just been Friday morning.

This weekend the boys went to spend time with Mike and April and then with Dwayne and Connie, I am sure they didn't get spoiled one bit. They both had a great time and want to go back. Normally Nathan cries when I put him in April's car but not this time he just wanted to get to where they were going so he could see Mike.

Kenny and I spent Friday evening and into early Saturday morning painting primer on our walls. Got up super early Saturday morning and started all over again and went until around 10 that night. Sunday we had to pick the kids up early then have family pictures taken. After that we met my mom and stepdad for lunch and they took the kids home with them for a few hours. So we started applying color to the kitchen and dining room. I was in charge of painting the corners and around the windows. I am still a bit chicken on painting color afraid that I will mess up somehow. However I need to get past that we have a whole huge house to paint. I will post pictures as soon as more color is up, the primer was white so you can't really tell the difference from drywall to primer.

But I can say painting is one heck of a total body workout! I am sore from head to toe! Our heating system should be hooked up today or tomorrow so that will make painting a lot more enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see it!!

    When we built our house, Susan and I could't believe how sore we got from hanging wallpaper.
    Talk about a workout, especially since we were so picky and would put up a piece, straighten it, not like it, straighten again........Up and down the ladder.... Whew!! Those were the days..........

    ReplyDelete