I can't believe its already Christmas and that today is the day before Christmas Eve. Where did the year go? Knowing the end of the year is right around the corner means my evening class starts in a couple weeks. I think its good Christmas and work and the new house has kept me busy so I haven't had to worry about school starting.
Last night I got all the gifts wrapped and under the tree minus the 6 (3 for each boy) from Santa. Still debating on the whole Santa issue. Blake has never really been in to it and well Nathan is still to young so we may opt out of the Santa thing next year or only have one gift from Santa. I also made a cherry cheesecake for my grandma on my dad's side she told me that is what she wanted for Christmas. She is so not the type to say oh I'd like to have this or want this so when she does request something I know its because she really would like it. Apparently my mom used to make her a cheesecake each year for her birthday and sometimes at Christmas. Knowing this and knowing she loves them I think I have the perfect gift for her birthdays from now on.
Blake has been at my mom and stepdad's house since last Friday evening. His grandpa told him when school got out for Christmas he could come and stay a long time. Well mister Blake thinks since school is out for 16 days he can stay the whole time. I told him he has to come home tonight for Christmas and can maybe go back some next week. Been strange having only one kid this week and one night this week Nathan stayed with my in laws which felt really strange on a week night. I will have to blog next week about Blake's adventures in farmland with papa Mitch I am sure he will talk my ear off for hours telling me all about his week.
Normally by this time each year I am super stressed over holiday's and trying to figure out our schedule for Christmas and where to be and when and how long to stay. This year I have tried to let that worry go and it helps that the holiday is during the weekend so we have Saturday and Sunday to split between the families.
Christmas Eve we will go to Don and Brenda's and do a gift exchange with them and then off to my in laws for Christmas Eve dinner and gifts. Then Sunday is open gifts in pjs with the kids, make all my side dishes to take to my grandparents house. Mid morning we will drive to their house and do a Christmas lunch with them my mom, stepdad and Uncle and his friend. Then home to relax or crash from all the non stop action I have done the last few weeks.
So excited that next year we will do Christmas dinner at our new house and won't have to rush the kids around or get out the door at a certain time!. And since I have mailed out all Christmas cards I can now post our family picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment