Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas

Well Christmas came and went the weekend was a whirlwind of activity. Saturday afternoon the kids and I went to a friends house to do gifts both boys were tired so you can imagine how long that was. So they took naps before heading to my in laws for Christmas Eve dinner and gifts thankfully they were in much better moods then.

Sunday morning we had to get up early and believe it or not I had to wake both boys up! So we rushed thru the santa gifts and the gifts we got them. Blake got a ripstik from santa and new snow pants as well as a new pair of wranglers. Nathan got a doggie pillow pet, shirt and an Elmo rocks guitar. Both got sleds from santa. From us Blake got new cowboy boots a hooded sweatshirt and another shirt and Nathan got some new John Deere sippy cups and some clothes.

So we rushed them to get ready and out the door by 9:30 to get to my grandparents house where we would do dinner and gifts with them and the rest of my family. I had made stuffed mushrooms, corn casserole and grape salad for our dinner. My grandma was baking the ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and lemon pie banana pie and blackberry cobbler. Well I ended up taking over kitchen duty as well as cooking the 2 sides my mom brought as well as the baked beans and rolls my uncle brought. While cutting the ham I cut my finger (would be nice if Grandma had a knife that would cut thru more than hot butter) in the middle of all my cooking in the kitchen my mom decides to do gifts.... So needless to say I didn't get any pictures or watch my kids open their gifts so we have boxes of stuff they got and no clue who it came from. Plus I have no clue if anyone liked what we got them it was a huge tornado free for all on opening. Luckily dinner went smooth and the boys played very well together all afternoon.

All I can say is I am very glad Christmas dinner will be at our house next year so the boys won't have to rush getting ready and actually get to play with their toys. Also there will be some changes in the way gifts are opened. But at least I got a pre run on being able to handle all side dishes and getting everything on the table in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment