Thursday, December 29, 2011

Blake's Christmas Break

Blake has been on Christmas break since December 16 and in that time I have seen him two whole days.... His Grandpa Mitch told him that when school got out for Christmas break he could come and spend some time with them. And since he knew he was out of school for two weeks he told me he was staying there the whole time as they had lots of farming to catch up on.

I got him to come home last Friday night for Christmas weekend and then Sunday after dinner he wanted to go back home with them when he learned his Grandpa was working cows the next day.

So this week he stayed up until yesterday when they dropped him off at my work around 1:30. I was glad to have him here since I had hardly seen him in almost two weeks When he told his Grandpa bye he told Blake he could come back Friday night.

When I asked him what all he had been up to the last two weeks he had hours worth of stuff to tell me about. From feeding cows, moving them to new pastures, placing ear tags in their ears and giving them shots. They had a camp out one night just him and Grandpa at their cabin and took sleeping bags, games, chocolate milk and snacks. Went to the dollar store each day the first week to look and buy new toys (pretty sure he has one of everything they have at that store). Then this week they started building a fence and that is what he wants to go back and help with this weekend since it will be nice out.

While I miss having him home and I know Nathan misses him I am thankful that he has Grandparents that want to spend time like that with him. And a Grandpa that wants to teach him about farming, crops, tractors and cows because one day that farm could be his to take care of. He has always loved being with his Grandpa farming and from the time he was big enough to sit up he was on the tractor with Grandpa and now drives the tractor by himself (Grandpa sits on the wheel well thing and Blake has full control)

No comments:

Post a Comment