Thursday, December 8, 2011

Saturday a very anticipated day!

Saturday is almost here, I have been waiting for December 10th for a few weeks now, and waiting to have this opportunity for a few months. Now that it's almost here I am so nervous that I could throw up!

This Saturday I get to go on my first ever ride along with the Ambulance, something I have thought about and dreamed about for years and in two short days it will be reality! I don't start school until sometime in January and was surprised to find out that you can do ride alongs before school starts so you can have some idea of what you are getting in to.

So I have spent the last several days trying to figure out what boots to get asking everyone I could what they recommended, searching for a shirt to wear and one lucky break is I can wear jeans Saturday so I don't have to try and hem my emt pants yet (my sewing skills aren't the greatest). I am nervous, excited and scared all in one and I know once I get there it will be cool, and it helps I will be with a good friend of mine and she is so excited I am making this step.

My boots arrived yesterday via fedex I knew they were on the truck since I had gotten an email that they were in route for delivery. I felt like a kid on Christmas waiting for them to be delivered of course once they came my coworkers were like why on earth would you want those kind of boots etc. I couldn't wait to get them out of the box to realize they are 10in tall and well took me 5 minutes to get one on! They should have came with an instruction video!

Not sure if I will get any pictures of me on Saturday, I just hope I survive and like it. My friend hopes we have a busy day (we have to start at 7am!) and have all different kinds of calls. I am not sure what I hope for of course hope we have some calls but not sure I want have tons or have any bad ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment