Thursday, May 5, 2011

Auction Weekend

I realize its Thursday and I am just now having time to blog about my weekend.... Still exhausted from the long busy weekend.

Friday night I met April after work and she took the boys home with her. Blake had been looking forward to it all week and well I wasn't sure how Nathan would do getting in another car and leaving without me. All he asked for was his blanket and he told me bye. After that I met our auction crew at the Fire Dept and we loaded up all that we could for Saturday's auction. Kenny spent the evening running around getting things ready for setting trusses then we had to make a late night trip to Walmart for sandwich making things and sodas for him and his helpers.

I am NOT an early morning get up and go person so for me to get up at 4:30 get dressed and be functional by 5:15 was hard hard hard!!! However I managed and while half of our crew isn't morning people we survived the load up without much arguing. Can't say that for my car ride there as I was sitting in between to non morning people and one of which was a bit argumentative. But I survived the trip, we arrived in Sullivan around 7:30 and was up and cooking by 8:30. We knew it would be a busy day and we were short on help but the day went real smooth and I worked my pretty pink tongs hard and they held up quite well. We didn't pack up and leave there until after 7pm. I wasn't sure how much help Kenny had for setting trusses or how far they got. The closer to home I got the more excited I became so at 10 pm we drove to our new house so he could show what they accomplished. I was very proud of what 3 guys got done in one windy day!

Sunday morning I woke up way early and felt like a child on Christmas morning I wanted to go look at the trusses and take pictures and see it all in the day light. After making a trip to town and then seeing our house it was time for me to head to our second auction. We were all exhausted and grumpy but we had a good day and sold lots of food. I even got some goodies from the auction a super neat tricycle for Blake that has big tires that go well in grass and gravel. I also got several old metal tonka toys at a good price. They look rough but they still work and Blake loves them. We ended up getting soaked midway thru the sale and it didn't seem to hamper the people standing bidding on stuff and sure didn't hamper their appetite.

The boys had so much fun with April and Mike on Friday night and Saturday, Blake went fishing and drove a big tractor. Nathan had a four wheeler ride and lots of outdoor play time. Saturday night Connie and Dwayne had the boys and they also had Desmon over to play with Blake. Those boys play so well together and Blake was excited that they got to camp out in the living room by them selves... Sunday it was much to chilly for the boys to be at the auction so they spent the day with my in laws and had lots of fun. I was sure glad to see them Sunday evening but even more glad to know they had so much fun the whole weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment