Monday, May 16, 2011

House Progress Finally!!!!

This weekend we had  huge progress on our house. After going thru the fall and winter with nothing happening its so nice to see a roof on it. Even though it rained all weekend we still managed to get the sheeting up and then the roofer came and worked right behind us all weekend to get the shingles on!! I will take some pictures and post soon!!

Today I get to leave work at noon to eat lunch with Kenny then we are heading to the lumber yard in Freeburg to pick out our doors and windows. Seems so surreal to finally be to the point of ordering the doors and windows not just looking in a book. I am also very nervous about choosing the right door that I will love for ever. Windows are pretty simple we have all standard size other than kitchen and bathroom but still I am nervous we will get ones we won't like 20 years down the road.

The next step will be picking out siding and deciding if we want to brick the front of the house and garage. We know it will look snazzy but the $$$ part will be the factor. A long time friend of ours is a awesome brick layer and he told us awhile back he would help us out.

Saturday we were very grateful to have our friend Dwayne over to be the "cut man" for the sheeting. Jason was up on the roof shouting out things that made no sense to me and Dwayne was like ok here you go... I guess carpenters have their own lingo??? You would hear so many inches from the left and rip it.. I was lost but now I know why Kenny had a rough time when he was the cut man one day for Jason's house. We are very blessed to have such great friends who are willing to give up a Saturday to help us with our house.

Can't wait to get some pictures uploaded of the progress. I want to wait until its sunny to take the final picture of the house with shingles on. The dreary clouds don't make for a pretty picture (or maybe I am just strange wanting a bright sunny day to show my new shingles)

1 comment:

  1. awesome! can't wait to see pics soon :) what color shingles did you go with?

    ReplyDelete