Thursday, May 26, 2011

Yesterday...

I have so many posts I really want to get to. Such as progress on our house and upload pictures, Blake's Kindergarten graduation etc. But yesterday well that was one heck of an afternoon. Rolla was under a tornado warning for almost two hours! I got back from working out sat down to eat my lunch and the sirens started going off. I was like ok that's strange because I had just drove across town and saw no storms or even any dark clouds out. I already work in the basement but my office is on a corner of the building and has 3 huge glass windows. So my boss told us all to get in the middle room of our basement. We kept checking radar on the laptop and phone two of us had the scanner going on our phone. And well I was on my phone off an on with the fire dept in Vichy trying to find out what was happening there and making sure everyone that I knew in the warned areas were aware of the danger.
I admit I HATE storms and usually totally freak out but yesterday I stood in my office and watched out the window and saw three separate times clouds trying to rotate and form in to funnel clouds and tornado's. I had only ever seen such on tv never in real life and I can tell you I would rather just continue seeing them on tv...

This is a picture from my phone that I got while watching the first cloud rotate and form.

The three clouds sticking down started to rotate and came together, I wasn't able to get a good picture after they combined and I took this from my phone so quality isn't great.

I had texted a friend of mine who is also a deputy in Maries County to see what they were hearing he was like um what storm... He was on his way to St. Charles to get a prisoner and had no clue of what was going on in Rolla, Vichy and Vienna.

Then this morning April sent me this picture via email and well it shows a different cloud one I didn't see was right on top of our office!!!
I really hope that the bad storms and tornado's are done and gone for at least the weekend. I could go without seeing anything like this for a very long long time!


No comments:

Post a Comment