Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

This was the only weekend out of the month that didn't have set plans for auctions, dinners or any other plans.

Saturday Kenny and a couple friends finished setting the trusses on our house and getting it ready to put the roof on this weekend. My uncle came from Illinois to give my Grandma her mother's day gift and to give my Grandpa the gift that we all went in on for his birthday and father's day. He had mentioned awhile back that he saw the advertisement for Kindle and thought it would be good. He likes to read but has problem seeing small print. Well I talked him out of it fully knowing I had a plan up my sleeve! He was shocked to get it and excited to try it. However I bet I will be getting several phone calls to come help him with it. I gave my mom her mother's day gift and well she wasn't very excited about it and didn't like it. I had spent a good deal of time picking her out a pair of ear rings they were a small silver loop with the MOM in gold letters in the center. Thought she could wear them with anything needless to say that spoiled my mood on the day. We all then went to eat dinner which for me was a disaster me with two tired boys at a restaurant that was a buffet and no help from family...
Blake decided he wanted to go home with my mom and step dad so he could catch up on farming so he spent the night with them Saturday night.

Sunday morning Nathan slept until 9 and so did I, it was so very nice to sleep in. Kenny fixed us chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. Nathan and I headed off to church while Kenny headed out to catch up on mowing. After church I was invited to go to lunch with Don, Brenda and her sister Linda. After the dinner I had the day before I was not looking forward to being the solo parent at a resturant. But Nathan did great he loves Don and Brenda and was a very good little boy. That afternoon Nathan and I headed to our new house to see Kenny and Blake. Nathan and I picked up some rocks and moved them and Blake helped his Great Grandma plant some flowers and played in the dirt.

Not a lot of exciting things but it was a good weekend to just do what ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment