It often seems as there are never enough hours in the day to get my daily routine done and still find the time for me to workout, take a relaxing bath etc. I need to make "me" time a priority but just cant seem to make it happen without feeling guilty that I am neglecting someone or something (even though I know that others won't feel that way) But I need to put myself first so that I can be healthy so I can show my family healthy ways to live and to not be depressed and unhappy like I was as a child.
Today I was searching online for running programs for beginners and came across one from runners world and its an 8 week program and at the end of the 8 weeks you are supposed to be able to run 2 miles in 30 minutes. My thought is having a plan of what to do daily on the treadmill may help motivate me and keep me going as opposed to just making up my workout as I go. I know that once I start and find a routine that works it will be fine and I wont have the guilty feeling its just getting there.
Last night after the kids went to bed I had the house to myself so I sat down and watched a tv show that I enjoy and just enjoyed the peace and quiet, I would have used the treadmill had it not been after 10pm. I had all the laundry and dishes done and the toys picked up so I didn't feel guilty about just watching tv, so I am not sure why I have the guilty feeling when I workout???
Don't.
ReplyDeleteIt will make you happier and healthier for your family so everyone will benefit!
Good Luck reaching your goal!
I'm on the third week of my running plan... and its okay! I think I will be able to run a 5K by the end of May. You should try it... Couch to 5K
ReplyDelete