I applied for health insurance for me and the kids since thru Kenny's work it is super expensive and it would take almost half of his weekly paycheck. So I looked and searched and finally picked BCBS online and applied well my quote I was given then was great and in what we would spend in one week with Kenny's ins I got the almost the whole month for.
I had tons of questions to answer about me and the kids, luckily none of us has any pre existing conditions and no medications we take daily which made that process easier. Then it came to my height and weight, and I feared that would cause me to not be eligible to get the insurance. So I filled it out and hoped for the best (not to mention asking a woman her weight 5 weeks post delivery is not very fair)
Yesterday I got the approval via email saying we were approved.... but that the premium was 20.00 higher due to my weight, OK I know I am over weight but dang didn't think it was that bad. So I emailed the agent to see if I lost weight in a few months if I could appeal and get the premium down and he said he would appeal it now stating that I had just had a baby. Not sure why insurance companies are so concerned about your weight if you have no health concerns or problems and have never had any. I am not sure what there range is for weight for my age and height I hope to find that out today.
So now I have even more motivation to workout and lose the rest of the dreaded weight to save myself money on insurance and my best friend is getting married in 7 months and I would love to be able to go shopping for a super cute summer dress and not be so self conscious wearing it and having pictures taken.
I have made it 9 days with no soda and yes a few of those have been difficult and I almost caved in and had a soda at my Grandma's on Saturday evening but lucky for me she didn't have any or maybe that was a sign that I really didn't need a soda. I think that if I have made it over a week and survived I can make it for several weeks and months. I just cant give up my coffee yet have to have something to wake me up in the mornings when I have only gotten 3-4 hours of sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment