I had a great surprise in store for me Wednesday night and it truly was a total surprise. I went to go pick up Blake at Connie, Dwayne and April's house, nothing unusual about that they often want him for an evening of spoiling. So when I showed up I found a surprise baby shower waiting for me!!! I wish Kenny would have told me to dress nicer but that was ok.
We got lots of nice things for the baby and Blake even got a shirt which he was excited about and had to wear to school today. Blake got to go looking for arrowheads and came back with a whole pocket full and was way more interested in those than helping me open gifts.
If I can figure out how to post pictures I will (I haven't seen the pictures yet so I hope I look halfway presentable in them)
I had debated on and off this whole pregnancy about having a shower this time, with Blake's pregnancy I planned, decorated sent out invites etc and it was very tiring and time consuming. This time with all that had been going on the busy summer we were having I knew that it probably wasn't possible for me to go at it alone and I had opted for maybe having a get together once the baby arrived so that everyone could meet the baby. In which we may still do have to see how everything with delivery goes. So I was very happy surprised and thankful that Connie and April put the shower together and hosted it for me.
One funny thing was that my Grandma said that she was glad she didn't go with me to my Doctor Appointment on Tuesday because she would have let it slip about the shower apparently my mom hadn't told her that it was a sup rise but that's Grandma for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment