Thursday, August 13, 2009

Doctor Appointments

Well its been awhile since I posted last. Work has been busy and stressful but I have to find a way not to stress because its definitely not good on me or the baby. But its also easier said than done.

Last week I had two appointments on Tuesday and I was rushed getting to Columbia made it there just in time and had a good appointment. It took them forever to get him to move enough on the ultrasound to complete all the tests they were doing. Then on the non stress test he wasn't active so they had to use some zapper noise thing to make him move around to get the accelerations and decelerations of his heart rate they were needing to see. Then I rushed back to Jeff City to the next appointment. My blood pressure was low which shocked me since I had been rushing all day and stressed but the urine test showed a trace amount of protein which she said was very normal but I wasn't convinced since all pregnancy I had never had it show up and I made her look thru the chart when I was pregnant with Blake and it never showed up then. Well my doctor had a student doctor with her which is always not fun so I didn't get to talk to her as much as I had wanted and my favorite nurse was off that day.

On to this weeks appointment in Columbia. First off I had to take Blake and my Grandma with me luckily Blake was in a good mood for the 2 hour drive. We had to wait a little longer than normal to go back for ultrasound so he got to see the ultrasound then he and my Grandma went to the waiting room and hallway while I did the non stress test and spoke with the doctor. Ultrasound and non stress test were good. Talked to doctor told him about my urine showing a trace amount of protein and he wanted to check my blood pressure and urine just to see if it had changed. So off I went to another room the nurse took pressure and it was up higher than it had been a week ago and I still had trace amounts of protein. He said not to worry just yet (ha I have been worried entire pregnancy don't think it will change now)

So I took my blood pressure at work on Tuesday and the top and bottom numbers were running higher than they had been so I started taking the medicine again that my Dr gave me earlier in pregnancy when it was up. So yesterday the top number was normal to low range and the bottom number stayed up, I called my doctors nurse who told me to rest on my left side for two hours then take it again. Lucky for me our office used to be apartments on one half of the upstairs and so it has little rooms well my boss has a couch up there in one of them that she got rid of but didn't want to throw away so I took a magazine went up there and rested. Well it only got my number down by 5.

Today I checked it when I got to work before I did anything other than walk from car to office and the top number is fine but the bottom number is still on the high side so at 9 I will call her back and report in and see what she has to say. I know she mentioned yesterday that she'd probably have me come to Jeff to Labor and Delivery monitor me for a bit and do some blood work to check kidneys liver etc. Not exactly looking forward to the drive for the second time in a week but it would ease my mind to know if there is any more protein and get to know how my blood work is.

No comments:

Post a Comment