May already wow... Blake has 3 more weeks of school then he will be a 4th grader which is crazy for me to think about. Nathan will start preschool in August geez where did my little kids go...
Anyway time to recap April and how the goals went then set some goals for May.
1-Participate in a instagram challenge called #HeatItUp. Never tried one of these challenges before so thought it would be fun. Yep epic fail on that one.
2-Decided to do the April plank a day challenge however I know if I try to aim for the seconds and minutes it states each day I will get overwhelmed and quit. So I am just going to do a plank each day for however long I can hold it. Totally forgot about this goal I had set.
3-Do more family things with the kids and hubby. Blake loves roller blading so I think I am going to make that something me and him do together until Nathan wants to go out there with us. Then find something that Nathan and I can do together. Took both kids staking once last month but we spent lots of time together at home played out side some. So I think it was a success both kids were glad to have me come outside and play.
4-Less soda I don't need to add more water doing good at that. Right now I really only want soda when I eat certain foods or really stressed. So I will just limit it more and more and hopefully one day I won't want it. Doing good with this one. I have been drinking only one a day some days none.
5-More bike rides with the boys. I learned Saturday that I need to figure out what is out of whack in my lower back hip area that has been causing pain and making it hard to ride the bike. No on bike partly due to my back and hip and partly to crazy weather and getting ready for my Grandma's auction. However been seeing the chiropractor and feel so much better.
6-Continue to work on stress management. Well I didn't have any major meltdowns last month so I would say must be a improvement :)
Goals for May:
1-Time with family plain and simple can't let life get busy and not spend quality time with the kids.
2-Exercise more I have no races on my agenda but want to be ready to say hey lets do a 5k at the last minute.
3-Eat more I find I don't eat enough and also eat better foods. I have a wedding we are attending at the end of May and I want a cute dress that I feel good in. At the moment none of my clothes fit and I am NOT liking it.
4-Make time to do things with some of my close friends. Sure texting and facebook is great to stay in touch but I need face to face time and heart to heart talks with my friends.
5-Work on getting up early to workout on treadmill before waking the kids up. With school getting out soon we won't be as rushed in the morning and I can get workout done get kids up and still out the door by 7:10. (now its up rush rush to get out the door by 6:50 to catch bus on time)
April was a strange month for me had some good times and some crappy ones. I took a few days off work this past week time for me. I have NEVER EVER done this in my life. If I take a day off its for a purpose of dr appt for me or kids or last year to take my grandpa to appts. But I took two and a half days off for me. I stayed home caught up on things there that had been neglected. Got my eye exam done which I had been putting off. And it was so nice not to have the stress of my office job. Of course that all came crashing back yesterday within an hour of being at work. The time I was off I lost 5 pounds I wasn't working out or breaking a sweat so I am thinking this has a lot to do with stress. I don't stress eat stress makes me NOT want food.
So hard to believe "little" Blake will be in 4th Grade. Doesn't seem that long ago April watched him. And Nathan-gee whiz, he was just a baby. Can't wait to see them at the pig roast.
ReplyDelete