Not often do I post about a rant but this one has been bugging me for a while now.... I signed both boys up for baseball back in March. Nathan to play tball and be his first time ever doing a sport and Blake for Bantam Ball and would be his second time. They were BOTH super excited I was happy but knew full well that between two jobs practices and games it would be crazy!
I looked at when the games would be to ensure it wouldn't interfere with work or monthly meetings, to my surprise they both would play on Friday nights. Yes be a long night but Friday is better since we don't have to always get up early on Saturdays.
I knew they had the coaches meeting in April so figured by first of May we would hear from the coaches know what team they were each on and schedules. And I waited and waited and waited. Asked a few friends who had kids playing and they hadn't heard anything and then last week a few of them finally found out what team their kids were on... By the end of last week Blake's coach finally called to set up a practice for tonight at 5:30 (cue stress on my part I get off at 5, have to drive about 10 miles to pick kids up then another 5-8 miles to the park practice is). I can do it but dang its cutting close...
So still waiting and waiting to hear from Nathan's coach and nothing. Other parents who have kids in tball had heard from their coach. Today on my lunch break I called the Recreation Center that we had to turn fees and forms in to. The guy was SUPER nice and told me who my son's coach would be and that I wasn't the first parent to call and wonder why coaches weren't talking to parents sooner. First game is May 30.
Now my major rant why sign up to be a coach if you aren't going to take the time to communicate with the parents of the kids on your team.. How hard is it to call or heck send a mass text giving the parents information. I know for a fact I am NOT the only working mom who needs to plan practice and games around work.
I can only hope both coaches are better on the field then they are with communication. Needless to say I know both of the coaches somewhat they were both a few years ahead of me in school and well I wasn't ever impressed back then. However I will put that aside and start fresh and hope for the best.
Bottom line its a huge pet peeve of mine when people don't communicate and are just lazy about things. They knew April 7 who was on their teams and took over a month to make contact...
My other rant is from lunch today. I met a friend for lunch at a Mexican Restaurant got there right at 12. Over half the people in there I am sure were on their lunch breaks but the staff was super SLOW in getting around to drink orders and taking your order. I have ate many places on my lunch break and they are all quick. Lets just say the waiter didn't get much of a tip for me... He gave us our food and never saw him until he gave us our check...
I may be nuts but I am glad school is almost over its getting increasingly harder to get Blake up and moving each morning. He is wore out and ready to be done with school just as much as I am. One more week!
Both boys have taken a notion they don't want to sleep in their rooms but want to camp out in the living room floor nightly. I thought ok one or two days but its been two weeks I may be a bad mom for this but I am letting it slide until school is out. Then it will be back to their rooms to have my sanity back of an evening.
There is more I could rant about but I won't for now. The baseball thing had just been eating at me for far to long...... Maybe it shouldn't have bothered me and maybe it wouldn't have bothered anyone else. But I am a planner and like to know what and when things will happen.
That is ridiculous that the coach took so long to call! Not ok:( I hope they coach better than they communicate too;)
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about the boys, it's just a phase. I can remember when Chad and Todd "camped out" in the living room quite a bit.
ReplyDeleteThey're probably just practicing for the Pig Roast. lol