Thursday, May 22, 2014

Last weekend


Yes I realize its Thursday and I am just now posting about the weekend. It's been one heck of a week at work. 

Last Saturday the boys decided they wanted to go farm (or play games on their tablets and eat whatever they want) so I took them to my mom and Mitch's to play. I spent the day cleaning and doing laundry. When Kenny got home we decided to til up the garden spot and get ready to plant. 
The trip to the plant store was interesting I have helped my grandparents in the garden from breaking of ground to plowing it all under at the end of summer. Each year I was out there helping however Kenny is only on second year of gardening and first year of planting (last year my grandpa tilled it up and planted all but the tomato plants when we were at work). 
Tons of plants to chose from. I told him to pick his tomato plants as he is the only one in our house who eats them. I went and picked out peppers, cucumber, great beans, squash, melon, and looked around at all the other veggies. I was done and he had yet to decide on tomato plants. 
We got home and the kids decided to stay the night which was fine so we set out to plant our potatoes onions and corn. 
Grandma decided to come over and help us and even in her 70's she is one heck of a worker! As you can tell its close to dark and she was still full of energy after a long day cleaning her sheds out. 
We are waiting another week before planting the other plants to be sure the cold snaps are gone. I'm excited to have our garden started as I know it will be lots of work but very rewarding. 

Sunday I had to get up early as the ambulance district I work for was hosting an EMS day to kick off EMS week. We were having hamburgers, hotdogs, soda,water, bounce house, face painting along with helicopters, fire trucks, cop cars and ambulances for kids to look at. The whole event was free and boy did we draw a crowd! I helped a coworker cook the hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill and we were busy busy!! The day was a huge success. I did break away from the grill once to take a pic work a friend/coworker. We opted to sit on the front bumper of the fire truck and pose for a picture.  
Then later in the day we sat on the other side for a picture 
It was a super long day but also fun. After we cleaned all of it up loaded up and unpacked I stopped at the gas station for this. 
And it tasted oh so good after a hot day. The boys were with Kenny and his brother and son fishing so I stopped there to drop them off tea and burgers. While there Nathan caught a fish. 
He was proud of it. Of course it got thrown back. 
This weekend is another big weekend the kids look forward to all year. I still need to get everything packed and ready! So behind on this due to the boys having baseball practice 3 nights this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment