I have thought about this oh for a good few months... As of this moment only one person knows of my idea. I think I thought if I shared it I wouldn't achieve it and then be laughed at or that I would put to much stress on myself and fall apart. However if I don't share my goal with blog land then I know I wont push to reach it and end up procrastinating even more.
As of today its 4 months until the second annual Freezin for a Reason 5k which will be February 22, 2014. Last year I did the race and jumped out of my comfort zone dressed up in a princess costume. Was also a part of a facebook challenge that if they had x amount of people register by the start of the race 3 of us would jump in to a dump tank full of ice cold water (the race was mid January and had snowed and iced two days before). It took me way out of my comfort zone but was also very rewarding we were raising money for a friend (now also my co worker) who had cancer.
This year we are raising money to for the fund that was set up last year to help emergency workers who need help.. Over the course of this past year we have done small fundraiser type things and had donations in to the fund and were able to help a few individuals with small things which was nice.
On to my big goal... The theme this year is Hawaiian, my best friend who lives in Hawaii sent me grass skirt and coconut bra back in April. I wore the skirt for our Hawaiian lemonade stand earlier this year. Back then I joked I should run the 5k in just the coconut bra and grass skirt. Well a friend of mine who is also a big part of the freezin for a reason fund said well maybe you will be one of the features to get people to register etc.. Last year we had police chief run full uniform and tutu when we hit a certain number of people registering and then some firemen ran in full bunker gear and air tanks.
So I didn't give it much thought back in July... Now its October and it had been mentioned again recently. I would have 4 months to get my hind end in gear shed some weight and not make a total fool out of myself wearing not much of nothing (yes there will be shorts or capris on under the skirt). I have NEVER been one to wear anything revealing in public not even bikini and the thought of running in just sports bra well terrifies me. I am to self conscious and always think everyone is going oh gross look at her shes fat.....
But I know I NEED a big goal to work towards to keep me going and on track and something to focus on and not let the little life things get to me and stress me out.
I know I will need support motivation and encouragement. I don't have any real life fitness oriented friends who will be texting facebooking saying ok time to get up and get that workout in. So I may have to rely on bloggers and virtual friends thru facebook to keep me going. I need to do this the right way and healthy way and it will be a challenge but one I think I want to take. Just thinking about wearing my costume in February doing the 5k and letting go of the fear and self conscious ways is exciting yet scary.
You got this! Stick with it! The goal is "out there" now you are committed. I will help keep you going! <3
ReplyDeleteThanks.. was scary putting it out there but was good start :)
DeleteGo for it! Sounds fun:)
ReplyDeleteYou can do this Shelley!!!!
ReplyDelete