Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wednesday Thoughts........

It's Wednesday! We all know what day it is.... The commercial was funny the first few times now its almost annoying :) But glad its halfway thru the week!


Today is also boss's day: This morning I stopped at Panera Bread and got everyone breakfast so we could have breakfast with our boss this morning. She was leaving this morning to go out of town for a weeks vacation and had no clue today was boss's day. So I ate a cinnamon crunch bagel with cream cheese which was awesome! I could eat them every day but I don't as they aren't the best thing for breakfast and a bit on the pricey side.

Mid morning got a text from one of my coworkers from the ambulance saying that we were surprising our boss there with lunch at the local meixcan restaurant in the town we work in (10 minute drive from my office job) so I said I would go with them for lunch. They had his wife talk him in to going to the mexican place for lunch to meet with their preacher... But instead we all walk in there ended up being 9 employees there for lunch and he was honestly surprised. He's a hard person to pull anything over on and we got him with this. We had a great lunch and he seemed happy and had fun which was nice to see. I know he had been super stressed and we could all tell lately that he wasn't himself.

My Grandma has been on house clean and declutter mode for the last week or so. From getting new carpets to now painting. She called me earlier to tell me she was going to paint what she could reach then have me bring over the extender for the roller.... Last night she was going thru things and throwing a lot of stuff away and I realized she was getting rid of things that shouldn't be thrown out. So now I will start paying attention to what she's getting rid of and grab some of it.

Tomorrow evening I have Blake's parent teacher conference and to say I'm not nervous would be a fib... I am nervous all their work is done online and via computer at school except spelling tests. So I have NO idea how he is doing and makes me a bit nervous to hear what they have to say last two years they had papers come home weekly and you saw grades on math work and reading/writing.

Also tomorrow night my mom is keeping the boys over night and all day on Friday so the boys will be happy when I tell them they get to go farm for a couple days. I work ambulance Friday night then have an auction all day Saturday.

And since its getting cooler weather I get to wear my awesome new jackets I had a lady at work make for me!

They are lightweight fleece but warm and comfy. The blue one is for work at the ambulance and the other two are for everyday wear.

I hadn't heard from the funeral home about my Grandpa's ashes being ready but wasn't going to call and ask either.. However I did find out they are there and ready when I am ready to pick them up.. That's the hard part IM NOT ready to do that just yet not sure I want to go alone to get them (Grandma wants no part of it). I know once I get them we will be heading to the cemetery to dig the hole with the kids and bury them and well i know once that happens it means hes really gone. Yes I know he's gone now but to pick up what's left of him and actually put it in the ground I think will be harder on me than watching him pass away.

No comments:

Post a Comment