I had a 3 day weekend from my full time office job (thanks to Columbus Day) but I ended up staying super busy.
Friday night I went straight from office job to St. James to help pump gas for tips with the Ambulance. We were raising money for a local program that helps people who can't afford mammograms to still be able to have them. I didn't get any pictures from Friday night's event. The event went from 5-8 and then from 8p-8a I worked a shift at the ambulance. We only had one call at 4am so wasn't to bad of a night.
Saturday morning after I got off we were once again pumping gas for tips from 8:30 until noon. Was busy but I don't think we did as well as the night before. Right before I started with the gas pumping thing I go a super awesome text that one of my good close dear friends finally had her baby totally made my day!!!! After we got done there the two crews who were on duty and I went to eat lunch. Then I finally got to go home and see the kids.
Of course once I got home they were heading to go get a post of some kind so I took a short nap and worked on getting laundry caught up.
We decided to go out and eat dinner at a nice restaurant with the kids and invited my brother in law and his girlfriend to go along. I was more than exhausted and tired but was glad get out and spend time with family. The boys were really well behaved and ate a really good dinner.
Sunday Grandma had asked if I would accompany her to church, it would be the first time back since Grandpa passed two weeks ago. I will be honest I wasn't looking forward to it. It's the same church I grew up going to and well just didn't seem right to go without Grandpa. But I went with her and it wasn't to bad, she did pretty good with all the people coming up and talking to her and hugging her. Of course I got hugged a million times and smelled like a little old lady perfume when we were done.
After church a friend asked if I would ride with him and his dad to go up by St. Louis to get a pool table he bought. That was quite the trip.. Both are can't hear one another (either that or have selective hearing) and argued non stop about this that and the other... I decided they took me along to read directions and navigate while they argued over who knows what. We only got turned around twice so wasn't to bad since the directions were a page and a half long! We left home around 12:30 and finally got back with the pool table around 7pm! Long day of sitting in a truck and helping load and unload a big heavy pool table. But I was glad I went was nice to get away from everything and not have people constantly asking how things were and how Grandma was and about the memorial dinner coming up. If I would have stayed home I would have been home alone the kids were helping Grandma all day do things around her house and yard. And I knew she needed that distraction after the morning of church.
Monday I had planned on staying home cleaning doing laundry and such. But I knew Sunday night I probably wouldn't get any of that done and really wasn't sure I wanted to be home alone. I got asked by Donnie if I wanted to ride with him to get the radios, lights and sirens put in his new cop car and do some shopping once that was done. So I decided to do that ya a bit odd I was asked to go but hey ain't passing up a trip to shop at two of my favorite stores and not have to drive or pay gas to get there heck yes... Now most people would have been bored to tears watching people install wiring and take a brand new car apart on the inside to wire up lights and sirens. I however must be odd cause it was neat to watch and see how they do it. The shop we were at primarily works on law, ems and fire vehicles installing lights, radios and sirens and fixing them. They had another cop car next to where we was so I got to watch them work on it too.
After hours of install we were done and headed to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch, I had never ate there but it was really good. They had 60 cent boneless wing day yesterday so made it that much better!
We went to two stores after eating and was running out of time or I would have asked to go to more stores. It was a good trip and nice to get away again and I could tell my mood had improved.
Between working Friday night and getting to talk to the partner I was working with, dinner out on Saturday with family, Church on Sunday and then a trip with friends, and then the trip yesterday cleared my mind but got me away from things and my mind on other things. I finally slept some last night with no nightmares which was the first time that had happened since October 1. Really thankful for my kids and husband and the amazing friends I have that have kept me going the last two weeks. I know there will be hard days still but I hope that I am past the worst part and can have more days of good moods.
No comments:
Post a Comment