What a week it has been. We are in our new house but none of us are really sleeping good.... It doesn't feel like home I wake up and feels like I am in someone elses house. Nathan told me last night he wanted to go home and I said we are and he told me no mommy I want to go to old house.
Really not sure how people move all the time with kids! I never moved when I was growing up so I am clueless as to how they are feeling, heck who am I kidding I am having just as hard of a time.
I will take pictures and do a blog post about the house soon once we get the rest of our furniture in and everything organized and put away.
Tomorrow is Friday and then Saturday is another auction hopefully this Saturday won't be near as eventful as last Saturday but even if it is I am ready to go again. As hard as last weekend was I would do it all over again any day.
Don't worry, it will become home soon:) I had the same problem when we moved into our current house years ago. It took a while before it felt like mine.
ReplyDeleteShelley, I know what you mean about moving. I had a hard time when we built the house and we only moved upstairs!! Seriously, I missed home! It took a long time for the upstairs to feel like home. Even now when I go to the basement to watch TV I think about all the times we had down there. Even the boys when they come over look around the basement and miss the times we had down there. Susan also mentioned it recently too about us living down there.
ReplyDeleteI have a brother that used to move and remodel often, never could figure out how he could do that so much, but he enjoyed it.
I couldn't see how such a joyous occassion of getting a new house could also be a time of sadness. Maybe we are just too sensitive to change.
Have a nice day,
Connie
I sure used the phrase "down there" enough above. lol
ReplyDelete