It's very seldom that we go out on a date night we may go out to eat and then to walmart and well it just doesn't feel like a "date". Last Friday I told Kenny that the new Bourne movie he wanted to see opened and it was in Rolla. I could have cared less about he movie but knew he loved all the others and had mentioned several times when seeing previews that he would like to see it in theatre.
I told him if his parents would watch the boys we could go to the 7pm showing and still be home early enough to pick the boys up and get home so I could get a good night sleep for my day on the ambulance. He calls back later to tell me that a guy he works with and his wife was going with us and that we would go to a nice dinner then the movie. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed that our date night was turning in to a double date but I really like the couple that was going with us.
We met at our friends house and went to eat at Matt's Steakhouse and had a really good time Christine and I had a couple awesome margarita's and a great steak dinner. We still had a couple hours to kill until the 10pm movie so we went to Kokomo Joe's and played mini golf. I hadn't ever been there even though I drive by it daily. We got our clubs and balls and realized we were really the only all adult group out there but hey we didn't care. Christine and I had fun trying to beat the guys. A few times we even laid down on the ground and hit the ball with the other end of the club like a cue stick. I think we almost embarrassed the guys a few times but hey we were having fun (or maybe it was the margaritas talking)
After our big golf game we headed to the movie theatre and to our surprise there was very few people in there. The movie was good but boy I was tired when we got out of there at midnight! But it was a awesome night and a great date and I was very glad our friends went along with us and made it more fun. Hope that we are able to do that again sometime was nice to get out and go on a date that felt like a date not dinner and grocery shopping.
SO glad you had such a great time:)
ReplyDelete