Monday, July 30, 2012

Misc. Stuff.....

Haven't made a blog post in a couple weeks. Life has been busy work has been crazy and I just never seem to know what to write. So I will just make one post of what's been going on and what is coming up.
 - Blake starts 2nd grade in 10 days seems like school was just getting finishing and now its time to start again!

- Nathan keeps growing more and more independent which is good but sad too since he is now a full fledged toddler doing things on his own the baby stage is gone :(

- I am officially an EMT and can apply where ever I choose I got the last piece of paper work this morning so I now have my State License as well as my National Registry License. But with that comes looking for a job or volunteering on a Fire Dept to keep my certification. As hard as I worked for this I don't want to lose my certification.

-Last Wednesday I went and dropped off my first ever application for an EMT the ambulance base isn't currently hiring but I wanted to get mine in the stack anyway. I did get the ok that I can have some more ride alongs there for experience which totally made my day! Now to find a free Saturday to go and do what I love.

- This Saturday I am attending an outdoor wedding in St. Louis its going to be a very small affair and a very casual one heard the bride is wearing slacks... Guess that nixes my thought of wearing one of my sundresses. So my other two options are black dress capris or white dress capris however I thought you weren't supposed to wear either of those colors to a wedding. But maybe since its casual and a second marriage for both that those things don't apply.

-Blake and Nathan have defiantly hit a stage that I am more than ready for them to pass. They can't get along for more than 5 minutes. And since I was an only child I am a bit clueless on how to handle it or if its just a normal part of growing up. Seems like I am always the referee.

-We are OHHH so close to getting moved in to the house. In fact the house is done! My closet shelves got installed yesterday while I was working an auction. So I can start moving stuff in to my kitchen cabinets and wait for the exterminator to come and do what ever it is he said he needed to do prior to us moving in. I can say I am more than ready for this phase to be done and be in the new house enjoying it.

-CAN'T wait to use my dishwasher which may be my favorite appliance and ready for the boys to have their own room and their own space.

-Oh and other big news I am currently training to do the Rock N' Roll Half Marathon in St. Louis October 21. Seems so far away but I know it will be here before I know it. Just the thought of 13.1 miles scares the tar out of me but one of my best friends is doing it with me. Its something that both of us have always wanted to do.

-Also in October a few weeks before the half we are running the Wounded Warrior 5K which should be a fun race.

No comments:

Post a Comment