Monday, September 19, 2011

What a weekend and busy week ahead

Wow what a busy weekend felt like it never existed!

Saturday we worked an auction in the pouring down rain. I knew it was going to be a long day when we got soaked getting ice at 6:30am. Then wet again the first round cooking, got dry just in time to cook again and guess what more rain. Of course the rain made for some grouchy people but it was still a good auction.

Sunday was the last trail ride whole hog sausage dinner of the year. The trail ride got cancelled due to weather however there was still 7 people who chose to ride anyway. Had a great turn out for the dinner which was nice and thankfully it didn't rain while we were cooking.

The boys had a great weekend Nathan stayed at home with Ashlyne on Saturday and I am sure he wasn't spoiled one bit! Blake spent the weekend with his papa Kenny. Kenny's mom was out of town all weekend so it was just a papa and Blake weekend which Blake always enjoys. Sunday Nathan stayed with my mom and had a good time and didn't want to go home.

I have so much to get accomplished this week with being gone all weekend the normal things need done. But I also have to get the house ready for Nathan's 2nd Birthday Party this coming Sunday. Have lots of cleaning to do tonight and tomorrow night. Wednesday night is when I will make and decorate the cakes. Thursday night is my monthly board meeting which is an all evening thing. Which leaves Friday night to prepare as many side dishes as I can. Saturday I have an auction to work then get up early Sunday morning and cook the side dishes and get ready to grill the hamburgers, hotdogs and brats. Geez just typing that made me exhausted!

But I know I can get it all done Blake wants to help clean which I will take up that offer any day. He loves to vacuum (which is one of my least favorite things to do) and he likes to dust with the swiffer.

1 comment:

  1. Shelley, I'm exhausted just listening to everything you have going on this week!!
    Try to get some sleep in there sometime... lol
    See you Sunday.

    ReplyDelete