I took off work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday last week to work at the Maries County Fair. Going in to the weekend I wasn't sure what to expect. I was told to think of it as a 3 day Auction and honestly it wasn't bad at all. We had a good time, Blake got to watch the Demolition Derby with his daddy and watch the truck and tractor pull along with the burn out contest.
Wednesday night Blake and Nathan got to ride some rides and it was Nathan's first time ever getting to ride! He loved the train roller coaster thing and didn't want to get off. I rode the spinning berry go round ride with the boys. Blake and I rode the swings together and of course as I am on them I see a million people I know watching me ride. Just a wee bit embarrassing....
Blake also got a tattoo of a bullrider on Wednesday night then went back with his Papa Mitch on Saturday evening and got a bull skull tattoo.
Saturday was the parade. Blake had a choice to ride with me on the Fire Truck or ride with Papa in a big John Deere Tractor pulling their church float... Well give you all one guess of what he decided.... he drove the tractor in the parade! So I rode in the Fire Truck and threw candy there was so many people lined up along the parade route some had been sitting in their spots for several hours.
Nathan was at the fair Wednesday night with me and then my mom watched him Thurs and Friday afternoon and evenings. Friday was going to be a late night so I went and picked him up and brought him back to the fair, he was happy to see his Dwayne and watched a few tractors pull.
It was a very long weekend but a good weekend knowing that my hard work helped the fire department make money to go towards equipment and maintenance for the department.


No comments:
Post a Comment