I really should be doing something other than blogging but I am just plain wore out and tired of work at the moment. Figured I could use a break and what better way than catching up on blogs.
Still can't believe that Blake will be 6 in 16 days!! And that his birthday party is next weekend! Normally by this time I have all his party stuff planned out bought ready to do ha not this year. Between being busy with two kids working full time, building a new house, and working auctions time has disapeared. So I have one short week to get the following done:
Get my house cleared of clutter (which will mean our bedroom will be the catching point of all Kenny's tools and house books that are cluttering our kitchen)
Get the boys room organized better so that it doesn't look like a tornado hit it.
Wednesday night will be the night Brenda and I bake the cake and cupcakes then Thursday night we will decorate them.. This is way different than years past. Normally my grandma would bake the cake early in the day and then I would come after work and decorate them. Having to take two evenings for this will make things tough but I think it will be ok.
This is the huge one buying and hiding Blake's trampoline (well its for Nathan too). My parents wanted to get them one for the summer and also get Blake a slip n slide. Now my mom wants it put up the day of his party which means I will a) have to get up at daylight and assemble it or b) do it in the dark after the kids are in bed. I am sure there will be a blog post about the assembly. My mom was like oh its no big deal to put one up.. Yep easy for her to say because when I got mine at age 12 I put it up all by myself and it was a 15 foot one.
Thinking about putting it up while Blake helps Kenny Friday evening instead of trying to hide it either that or I will take him to my in laws while I assemble it and bring him home after dark and he won't see it. The other thing is deciding where to put it. Our yard is by no means level and the really "good" spot is up to close to the highway for my comfort and its behind the house. So I am going to battle with my hubby and get it put somewhere else.
I have to figure out where to put the grill as well but that should be pretty easy since its big and can't just fit anywhere. Kenny thinks I am nuts for wanting to use the big grill I cook on at auctions for his party but I used it last year and it worked great. This year I know how it works and I can cook ALL the meat at one time which will be nice.
Oh also this morning I started the 30 day Shred DVD with a good friend Bethany and she has a few other friends joining in as well. I plan to do this each morning when I wake up and with the busy week ahead I better stick to that goal otherwise time will get away and I won't get my workout it. Hate to say it but this morning it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to get the dvd player to work and then I only made it a quarter of the way thru the workout (I plan to re try that this evening).
Where did you put the trampoline? Did you finish shredding?
ReplyDelete