Monday, July 18, 2011

Fair Time

Well we survived the 4 day long Belle Fair. We hadn't been since Blake was 3 and he turned 6 yesterday. Blake and I were in the parade on Wednesday evening and there will be pictures as soon as I get them from a friend. Blake loved throwing the candy and I have to admit I did too. It had been YEARS since I was up on top of the fire truck and it brought back many memories. Since Nathan didn't go with us that night I told Blake he could ride rides he rode several with Dimehsa and her sister Elizabeth.
Thursday night was the Rodeo at the fair and I took both boys to watch it. I was glad that Cody came and sat with us since he and Blake are buddies and it worked out well when I would have to go get food drinks or push Nathan around. Blake could stay sitting with Cody and didn't mind one bit. Blake was glued to the Rodeo the entire time and kept asking how much longer until the bull riding. And as soon as they got to the bull riding his eyes never left the arena and he never said one word. After it was over he wanted to walk thru the cattle and pig barns. We found a couple pigs that we knew we could pet but he wanted to wait until his Uncle Mark got there. So after wandering the barns for an hour he showed up and Blake touched the pig but was so quick my camera barely got the action.

I told him that he needed to be ok with pigs if he was ever going to be the pig shooter for the pig roast.

Friday night was the one night Kenny wanted to go so he could watch the truck and tractor pull. We opted to leave Nathan with his grandparents as it was hot and going to be a long night. Boy was I glad we didn't get home until 1 am! Blake loved the truck and tractor pull and there wasn't a lot of people sitting where we were so he was able to go sit with his Uncle Mark, then go down with Cody and them play with the new friend he made.


He and Luke played off and on the whole night, as soon as a truck or tractor would get ready to run they would both stop and watch. Of course Luke was right up Blake's alley liking John Deere and Monster Trucks.

Saturday I had an auction to work and I didn't think that Kenny would want to go back to the fair. I was wrong he wanted to go so I got a ride from Donnie then Kenny came with my car later in the evening. The concert was ok the guy talked more than he sang which I guess was ok, but if I had paid $25.00 to get in and see that I would have been a bit disappointed. But we still had a good evening visiting with friends we rarely see.

No comments:

Post a Comment