Yes I am a little behind in posting this since we went to the race on July 2nd, but better late than never.
Blake loves watching NASCAR on tv weekly he even has a couple favorite drivers. So when Don and Brenda asked if we wanted to go to the Fourth of July Race in Lebanon with them I agreed. I knew it would be a long afternoon of waiting since you get there early to park close and then have to wait for the race to start. Blake did great slept some on the way there and then managed not to get to restless while we waited for the event to start.
Once it started he was amazed however right off the bat he noticed that it wasn't quite the same as NASCAR since there was no pit road and the cars were different looking than on tv. But he still loved it.
Here is how close we were to the track. I being the worry wart I am was worried a car would fly off the corner and hit the fence where we were sitting. Blake liked No. 77 when I told him his daddy knew the driver.
This is how he sat all night eyes glued to the track. The only time he wasn't in this position was when he was asking questions about the cars or the track. He definitely had fun and it was well worth the long afternoon and wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment