Warning this is a random post that will jump around from things that happened a week or two ago to things that I will be doing in the near future.
Last week was a long stressful emotional week for me. I found out that a friend from highschool had died in her sleep. I hadn't talked to her much since graduation but from like 4th grade thru 10th we were pretty good friends and had a lot of classes together. However at the visitation I realized she was not the same girl I remembered from school. Felt horrible for her 3 kids having to go thru that at a young age and seeing all they saw. It was the second hardest funeral visitation I had ever been to. I remember my first time at a funeral and I was probably 8 or 10 and it wasn't someone close to me but it freaked me out none the less.
We had an auction to work on Saturday and by the end of the day we were all hot tired and crabby. Made for the loading up and the unloading a real treat of mood clashing. But we had a good turnout and made a decent amount of money for being an auction in town.
Sunday Blake, Nathan and I were invited to a birthday party at the St. James Pool. I hadn't been to a public pool oh in like 15 years and I had nothing to wear. I mean at home when we have our pool going I wear a tank top and shorts or a swimsuit when I know NO ONE will be around to see. So I had to run to town to get Nathan some swim diapers and trunks as well as Blake some sandals. For 2 hours I searched high and low and finally found a tankini top and a pair of swim shorts that would work. For some reason swim suits keep getting skimpier and skimpier don't they know that there are lots of Mom's who like to swim and really don't want a suit that ties or that you have to constantly adjust.
Anyway I got the kids and I ready and headed to town. Wasn't sure how Nathan would like a pool as he had never been to one and it was Blake's second time at a public pool. I was a nervous wreck worrying about trying to keep track of both kids and make sure Blake stayed away from the deep end since he isn't that great of a swimmer. To my surprise both kids LOVED it and I even had a good time in the water. Blake went down the big slide and as long as my friends husband was at the bottom when he came down he liked it. Nathan even got brave and went down the baby slide and had a ball. I wish I would have thought to bring my camera in with me.
This week I have lots to do in starting to prepare for Blake's 6th Birthday party, I still can't believe he will be 6 in July! This weekend will be fairly busy as well. Saturday night I am taking both boys and going with Don and Brenda to the race track in Lebanon they are having a special race and fireworks after the event. Blake loves racing and while I know he will be upset its not the same cars he sees on tv he will still love it. I think even Nathan will love the race.
Then Monday is the 2nd Annual Vichy Park Fourth of July event. Its an all day event going from 11 am until after dark with fireworks. I took the kids last year and Blake had fun. This year I have been volunteered to help cook hamburgers and hotdogs. Not sure how that will work since Nathan will not be content in his stroller the entire day. But I will see how it goes and hope for the best and that both kids will have a good time.
We are still making progress on our house we had a cabinet guy come out last night and measure to get us a bid on all of our cabinets. I sure hope he gives a good price since he is local and we would rather pay a local person versus Lowes or Home Depot. I still need to finish picking out lighting and ceiling fans so we can have them ordered and out of the way. However I am not good at deciding or liking the price of the ones I pick out.
Wow!! Nathan went down the slide! He must be doing a lot better around water now!! April will be surprised. lol
ReplyDelete