Last night Blake did something that shocked me and heck its something that I wouldn't even do at my age. Last week our preacher's wife asked me if Blake would like to say a restitution before the Christmas play starts and that it would only be one line I asked him and he said he wanted to. Well I was very doubtful that Blake would go up in front of a large crowd and say anything. I knew that he rarely sang in his preschool concerts he would just sit and watch everyone. So last night I told him when they call your name if you want I will walk up there with you. They called his name and before I could pass Nathan off to Brenda he was up and headed for the stage and got the microphone and said Happy Birthday Jesus! I was shocked he said it loud very clearly and smiled the whole time. I was so proud of him!
He was very well behaved during the program I let him sit in the pew in front of me with is little friend Dimesha and they both sat there and watched. Nathan even surprised me last night normally when there is a lot of people around he clings to me, well not last night he sat in the pew in front of me with Dimesha's parents and little sister who is only two days older than Nathan. Even when we were leaving Nathan didn't want to come back to me he let someone else carry him outside.
I am very proud of Blake he has really started to understand and like going to church with me and Nathan on Sunday's he listens and is excited to go downstairs next Sunday for Children's Church. When I was his age I was so shy I wouldn't talk to anyone or leave my parents side and heck to this day I wouldn't get up in front of people and say anything. I wish that I would have got a picture of him but I was in total shock and couldn't get my phone out in time. Blake had to call his grandparents when we left and had me take him to see his dad and to tell him afterwards.
I think you need to remind him of how brave of a boy he is and how proud of him you are! Maybe he can get your husband to start coming to church as a whole family, too.
ReplyDelete