Monday, December 27, 2010

Skittles

I received an awesome gift from someone who apparently loves me a whole lot, as they went thru a lot of trouble making one of my Christmas gifts.
Skittles are one of my favorite candies, however I rarely eat them. Why well because I eat them in a strange fashion. I have to have enough room to spread them out and someone around to eat the green and yellow ones. Then I will sort them out by color and pair them up and I don't eat two of the same color has to be two different colors. Weird yes I know and I am not sure why I eat them that way other than maybe being bored in school and it was something to pass the time that stuck with me. My husband didn't even know about my weird Skittle thing (because he doesn't eat Skittles so I rarely eat them around him) and partly because I was embarrassed about how weird it seems on how I eat them.

Anyway back to the gift, Saturday afternoon we went to Don and Brenda's to exchange gifts with them. We sat down and Brenda handed each of the boys one of those plastic candy canes filled with m&m's and then she handed me one and it was filled with skittles. Then I noticed that they were all sectioned out and the yellow and green were gone. I looked at her and she was smiling ear to ear she said I bought myself runts in that package and ate those. I then bought you skittles and sorted them all out took out the green and yellow and made sure there were even numbers of the colors and put them in the container for you, so you could easily eat them. I think I could have cried! I received lots of awesome gifts which I will mention in a later post but the Skittles were by far the greatest.

Back in October at one of the auctions I helped with I noticed that we had candy bars for sale and there were Skittles in there. I made a comment they looked good. When Don asked me why I didn't get a bag of them I said because I eat them weird and don't have enough room to spread them all out or anyone to eat green and yellow. Well right after Halloween the kids and I were at their house and Brenda had a big bowl of Halloween candy left and Blake was digging thru trying to find candy corn. Well I saw a small pack of Skittles and Don told me to go ahead and eat them as they wanted to watch me eat Skittles. They both laughed about the way I eat them. I eat m&m's by the handful but something with Skittles I like the way two different colors taste together and don't like the taste of green or yellow.

Here is a picture of my candy cane full of my favorite colors....

No comments:

Post a Comment