I can't believe that Saturday will be the start of a new year. Normally I am one of those who make all sorts of resolutions and lists and then they get stuck away in a drawer to never be accomplished. This year I have decided to forgo the list. Because looking back in the past 6 months I have done so many things I would have never thought I could accomplish. And while the number on the scale isn't what I wanted back this time last year I am becoming happier with my body and what I see when I look in the mirror. I have always disregarded all compliments on being pretty, cute, sweet etc. But I have realized that I need to take them and accept them no matter how I feel about me.
So this year my plan is to continue working on becoming healthier inside and out and working on teaching my children good food habits. The difference between good for you foods and junk foods and why you shouldn't eat a lot of junk foods. All things that I wish my mom would have instilled in me at a young age.
The one big thing I really want to work on is my running routine and I really want to sign up and run some races this year. I am not going to pick a certain distance or time to beat just go out and do something that no one thinks is possible.
Great resolutions. Did you see the link I linked to on Facebook? I really like those. They are mindset things. I also fail at resolutions like be healthy, don't bite nails, read 50 books. I think your goals of just accepting yourself and living in the moment and being happy are awesome. I also think its great for you to teach your children to accept compliments and to be at peace with themselves and to fuel their bodies with food they like and nutrients they need!
ReplyDeletethose are so great! i might have to steal the one about accepting compliments :p
ReplyDeleteWay to go!
ReplyDelete