Christmas is always a busy day for us as we try to go and see as much family as we can in one day. This year was no different however it didn't seem as rushed and stressed as years past. Both boys slept in until 7:30 then Blake was up first and we told him he had to wait for Nathan to wake up. So he promptly went in their room and woke Nathan up. Blake got lots of goodies from Santa he had only asked for a Nintendo DS and a camera and Santa brought both plus a game for his DS. Nathan got a few toys and some clothes, he was more interested in what Blake was getting.
Then after we opened the gifts I had placed under the tree Kenny asked for Blake's help with moving the treadmill and Blake gets all excited as there are two more gifts under it which turned out to be mine. Then he told Blake to look under the couch and Blake found two more gifts which were for him. So we sat down to open those and I received a pink gun and Blake got a Red Rider BB Gun. Blake was so excited that he had his very own real gun that shoots real bullets. I was quite shocked at my gift as well. I had told my husband for the last several years that I would learn to shoot if he could find me a pink gun, half thinking that he would never find one. I was in total shock as I knew he hadn't had "time" to go shopping and when I questioned how he went to Cabela's he explained how he pulled it off and yea I was in total shock. The last few years he hadn't got me anything for Christmas but when he does shop he does great!.
Here is my pink gun, I took with with me everywhere we went (this photo is from my grandparents house) as I knew no one would believe I had finally got a pink gun.
My mom asked one of the funniest questions after I showed it to her, she wanted to know if it took pink bullets??? I was like nope just regular ones.
Blake was asking all day if I thought that Santa told some of his grandparents that he was getting a DS because he really wanted a monster truck game for it. I knew he was getting one later in the day but I had to keep telling him he would just have to wait and see.
We had a nice family gathering at my grandparents house and a very yummy dinner. My grandma bought me a new pink pea coat from Target that I love and she also bought me a pink and purple leather bound bible. On the inside she wrote the date and who it was to and from. She did the same for my mom when she was young and a few years ago my mom gave me hers. But I like having my own and knowing it was a gift from my grandma makes it more special. My Uncle got us a Waffle maker that is also a griddle and a grill which I can't wait to try out. The boys got some books and toys and Nathan had more fun watching everyone and playing with the piles of paper than actually opening gifts. Kenny's gift from my uncle was pretty thoughtful and creative here is a picture.
Sorry I didn't realize I had placed the gift card upside down when I took the picture.
After we left my grandparents house we went down the road to Don and Brenda's I really wish I would have thought to take my camera in and get pictures of them opening gifts. Brenda really liked the gifts I bought her one of which was a wooden sign that read A Home is a place where friends become family. She gave me a beautiful necklace and earring set and my Skittles and a collage picture frame which I love. Kenny got a new season of CSI which was a surprise to him. Blake got his Monster Truck DS game which he was in love with and Nathan got a fire truck. We had a nice visit with them while the kids played, Nathan loves their house and will walk all over the place there chasing the dogs and cat.
Then we went to our last stop at my in-laws house where we would have dinner and do more gifts. Of course both boys were wore out and tired but they managed to stay awake to eat dinner and open gifts. Blake got some new stuff for his room there and some toys. Nathan got his own phone that makes all sorts of noise and some new trucks. I had got my mother in law a new travel mug for her coffee with pictures of the boys on it and we got my brother in law a otter case for his iphone, oh and Kenny got his dad a mirror thing?? Something to use while working on cars....
We had a really great day although it was very long for us and the boys it was well worth it. I really hope that next year we are in our new house and able to host Christmas for our family and not have to get up and rush around to get here and there.
A pink gun! That is neat. Maybe you two will enjoy going shooting together! (Shooting doesn't mean hunting... shooting is a better date, I think! No dee urine perfume and you can talk!)
ReplyDeleteYeah going out to just target practice is way more fun than hunting. I am no good at being quiet and smelling like deer urine for hours on end.
ReplyDeleteI like your pink gun, Kenny did good!! :)
ReplyDeletehahaha, i love the pink bullet comment!
ReplyDelete