This year it rained the morning we went to shoot the pig which made it a muddy mess. The boys of course had no worries they had fun riding their bikes in the mud and being caked in it.
We got the pig from a different place this year and when we went back to the barn to wash the pig off the owner came out of barn carrying what else.. a puppy... And headed straight for my kids who were oh look a puppy... Of course I knew what the guy was up to he handed the kids the puppy and told them they could have it... I had no desire to have a dog or puppy but couldn't say no either. It is pretty darn cute.
However we had no puppy or dog stuff and weren't going to be home for the weekend. I was a bit stressed but figured we would fly by the seat of our pants and make it work for a couple days. We got a dog carrier from my brother in law and I ran to the store for food dishes collar etc.
This year was the first year Blake has taken interest in helping clean the pig. So they let him hose it off he was quite a happy boy.. Nathan sat on the haybales holding his puppy. Which they decided to name Harlee.
Not sure when it happened but Blake looks so grown up!!!!!
Sunday morning the pig was looking and smelling yummy. The kids kept asking when their April and Cash would arrive. They were very excited to see April and the baby :)
It was the only time other than when they were sleeping they stopped playing and riding bikes. They both soaked up all the time they could get.
We came home Sunday evening and in between storms the boys took the puppy out. This is how Nathan chose to take his puppy potty.. Underwear boots and a shirt.... Monday we spent the morning cleaning up from the pig roast and this happened.. Blake drove our truck by himself thru the field!
Both boys are growing up to fast. I should have took way more pictures but instead I just enjoyed the company of friends we don't see often and watched all the kids play together. We ate some yummy fish on Saturday night and then pig on Sunday. By Monday evening we were all wore out and ready to be cleaned up and mud free.
I am glad that we are able to be a part of the pig roast weekend and help set up cook and even the clean up. Its something Kenny and I grew up going to and now we are getting to pass the tradition down to our kids.
You forgot to mention the fried snake!! lol I tried to take a bite but just couldn't get past the breading.
ReplyDeleteYes, when did Blake grow up? That saying, "In the blink of an eye" is certainly true. And Nathan growing up just as fast.
We so appreciate all the time and effort you and Kenny put in for the pig roast.
Well didn't want to gross anyone out I didn't post pics of the guys gutting and scraping the pig either lol.... The snakes ya I couldn't look at them let alone try one! Your very welcome we are glad to help and be a part of it each year.
Delete