Monday, June 2, 2014

Ball Season

Blake and Nathan are both playing baseball this summer. It's Nathans first year and Blake's second time playing. I was apprehensive on letting them both play as its two nights a week of practice then games on Friday night.

Nathan well he gets a bit overwhelmed in new situations with lots of people he don't know. So Friday night I knew would be a challenge for him with his first game. Didn't help that they only had one practice to meet each other. All day Friday the sitter said he hadn't felt real good and well that continued on to game time. He still wanted to play but wanted Blake and I out there with him. The coach encouraged all parents to come out and help as 3-4 year olds don't know how to play tball yet.

 
 
He was in the outfield waiting for a ball to come his way but he is so not a toddler anymore!
 
The first time he was up to bat he didn't want to do it. So I talked with him and then the next time around he said he wanted to as long as I came with him. I did and even had to run the bases with him. I am sure that was a fun site to see ha ha ha...
 
I know I am his mom but he is one of the better hitters on his team. He hit the ball hard and if he would have been in to it could have got to 3rd before the other team got the ball back to the bases. Of course all the parents who were out there with his team told him he had done a great job and he finally cracked a smile. He is excited for practice this week he has his eye on two little girls on his team...

After Nathans game it was Blake's turn. I wasn't sure how he would do he gets a bit stubborn at times and has a bit of an attitude when things don't go how he wants.
 
 



Before his game he was so cute in his baseball pants! He wanted cleates too but I couldn't find any prior to the game. He now has a pair so I am sure he will think hes all that :)
 
He was up to bat 3 times in his game and he hit it good and hard all 3 times! I was a proud momma and he is one of the stronger hitters on his team as well! He even made an excellent play in the outfield. His team had only practiced batting on the ball diamond due to rain but the whole team did awesome.
 
I am excited to take both boys to practice this week and see how much more they learn. It makes for stress and long evenings for me but to see them play last week was all worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment