Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Things I have realized.......

Some things I have realized recently.....

* That just because you don't eat and most calories come from Dr. Pepper the scale doesn't do happy things... It goes up. Now I am not sure how I made that theory work back in middle school and highschool since I remember not eating equaled the scale going down way down.

*Working 80 hours in a week may sound like a good idea to run from thoughts and stay to busy day and night to have time to think... Three days later I am paying for it as I am exhausted and look like a zombie.

*Kids pick up on when you are stressed or on edge and seem to fight more than normal lol and over the craziest things, ie one has more legos than the other when in fact they both have the same lego set.....

*Laundry, dishes and house cleaning can wait when you have two sweet faces asking to cuddle with you on the couch and watch Duck Dynasty, Tractor Pulling or Fast N' Loud.

*Cupcakes are addictive.. and I have a counter full of them leftover from Nathans party. However my grandparents are making a big dent in them. My Grandpa has been having me make them for him for a few weeks now.

*Trying to explain to kids why their great grandpa is sick isn't fun. Thankfully neither has asked to many questions as I am still trying to figure out how to explain such thing to them. Since I am trying to still figure it out myself since I have never lost a family member.

*Very thankful that my grandparents have been married for 60 years and that he had a really good day and felt good on their anniversary, and that the kids, Kenny and I were able to celebrate with them having ice cream from Dairy Queen.

*Realizing I need to find an accountability partner to help me get up and get my workouts in each day... any takers via fb or text???? I need to get back on the healthy cycle and not my eating disorder cycle that I have been on for weeks.

*Have my first ever Relay for Life event I am participating in next Saturday. I signed up a year ago. Recently decided that I wanted to try and walk the whole 12 hours for the team. Kenny decided he wanted to walk it with me which makes me happy. But also realizing it will be very emotional for me I have decided to walk for my Grandpa and my best friends Mom.

*Realizing that I haven't done any sort of cardio in weeks... Not sure how that will go with my 12 hour walk..... But hey I seem to be the Queen of winging races lately.

Have a post up later with lots of fun pictures from my iphone from the last few weeks that I will post later today.

2 comments:

  1. I am all too familiar with working way more trying to escape from everything- unfortunately it never helps.

    I'd totally help you out with accountability for things if you want, I know you have so much going on and would love to be able to help even if from far away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well glad to know I am not the only one who trys to work more to run from things... Sure I would accept your accountability help :)

      Delete