Well it's once again Monday. I had the weekend off from work which was super odd.
Friday night hubby and I decided to go out to a nice dinner to celebrate our 10 year anniversary (which was last month but never got a chance to go out). We at at our favorite steakhouse and it was well worth the money. After dinner we went to walmart to get groceries real romantic :)
Saturday he went with a friend to take car that was sold and pick up another so he would be gone most of the day and evening. I scheduled myself a massage for that morning which was AWESOME! What was even better is the girl was my size so I didn't have that self conscious feeling of ok shes looking at me going your to fat to get a massage thing. Yes probably silly but still goes thru my mind when some super skinny chick does the massage.
After that I ran a couple errands and then got my grandma an strawberry sundae and my grandpa a vanilla malt to take home to them. I think he had the whole thing drank in 10 minutes! He is sure on an ice cream kick and since its the only thing he wants to eat I try and make sure to get him his favorite ice cream. So far he has asked for strawberry with strawberry chunks and then over the weekend wanted some butter pecan. Have a feeling that after he is gone Grandma and I will have a ton of ice cream to eat.
Spent the rest of the day catching up on laundry and house work oh and caught up on a few of my favorite shows on tv.
Sunday we slept in and since I haven't been sleeping good for several weeks it was nice! Spent the day doing things around the house.
Tonight I am going to my first ever football game... Its at the local school and I am doing ambulance standby. I know NOTHING about football and never even watched it on tv. Hope my partner can answer all dumb questions I am sure to have.
Doing standby again for the Varsity team on Friday night then working the rest of an ambulance shift.
Saturday is a BIG day hubby and I are doing the relay for life walk on a team with a friend of mine. She asked me over a year ago to do it with her. Back then I was doing it for her and its for a good cause you walk from noon to midnight and someone from your team is to be on the course at all times. Ok all money raised goes to cancer. Well after having the ordeal with my grandpa which is still going on it holds a whole new meaning to me. And pretty sure may be a bit more emotional than orginally would have been. My goal is to walk the whole 12 hours lofty goal since I have yet to train for it but its just walking not having to go fast or beat a clock. Am I nervous heck yes! Am I ready well sort of I know what pants and shoes I will wear but not the shirt.
Good luck on Saturday!
ReplyDeleteI don't know the first thing about football either. And not too much on any other sport.
ReplyDelete