Monday, July 9, 2012

I did it!!!

Well I did it I am done with my EMT schooling and I am now an EMT (well after some paperwork gets finalized and I have my official card) I went to Columbia Saturday afternoon to take my written test. I was prepared for it to be  hard test the two others that had taken it before me said it was hard. I spent the day trying to stay calm and not freak out about it.

I arrived 40 minutes before my appointment got all checked in they have to scan your palms and then do a picture and check your pockets to be sure you aren't sneaking anything in. Then you are in this little room that has several computer stations in it and you sit with your back to a big glass room that has a guy watching all the test takers. I sat down calmed my nerves and started my test. I was surprised that the questions were easier than I had anticipated and that I knew most all of the answers before finishing the question. It took me about 30 minutes and 80 or so questions for the test to shut down. Its computerized and there is no set number of questions you have two hours to complete and as you answer questions in different areas it figures out where you struggle or excel and you get either harder or easier until it determines if you pass or fail. It shut off I signed back out and went home.

Yesterday I logged in to the website a million times to see if they would post on weekends and well they don't. Everyone I talked to said they knew I passed since I was that quick and that few of questions. I felt good about the test and at ease after it was done but wanted the official you passed message.

This morning I got to work decided to log in to the site just to see if they had updated it and to my surprise this was the message  that it showed: Congratulations on successfully earning your national EMS certification. Your Certification documents will be mailed to you within three business days.
I was beyond excited and defiantly a good start to the day and the week.

1 comment:

  1. Great job!! What a huge accomplishment:) So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete