Friday, May 4, 2012

Some Pictures from EMT-B Class

Really need to catch up on posting however I will do a picture post now and hope to have time later to do more.

Our teacher gave us watermelons and cantaloupe to use as a head and we could cut and make wounds and practice bandaging.

Me using a sharp knife that's scary at least I didn't stab myself or cut myself....

The group I was with last night and our finished patients.

Then we went out and used the teachers car as a "wrecked" vehicle and one girl was in drivers seat and I was in back passenger seat. I was a little worried Josh and Levi would drop me I know there are more pictures of me in the car but I don't have them on my computer yet.

The KED is one of the most uncomfortable pieces of equipment out there and if your a guy well its way more uncomfortable in the thigh region.

Found this picture on my phone not sure who took it but my face is a bit on the red side.

I was warned by other fellow EMT's not to let them strap me to the backboard because they would turn me upside down.. Well being in a group of three I didn't get much of a choice on being patient. Well then they decided to "stand" me up... My feet were still at least 2 foot off the ground and I had a death grip on the guy on my right. Not to mention the straps don't make your bad areas look very flattering.... And today I have bruises where the bottom strap was.

But last night by far was one of my favorite classes she split us in groups and there was 6 in my group and we all worked together very well and we are all wanting to learn because each of us wants to do this as a job. The two helpers who were in there with us assisting gave us lots of great tips for state and national testing as well as what works good out in the field as opposed to what we learn in the book.






1 comment:

  1. Did you show these to Kenny? Was he freaked out? I think I would feel so nervous in them.

    ReplyDelete