Thursday, May 17, 2012

I now have a second grader... where did the time go...

Today was Blake's last day of first grade, I can remember him starting his first day of preschool!!! Where has the time went????

Yesterday he had his awards assembly and while I was off work I was going to be doing clinical time on the ambulance in St. James. He asked me several times to come and I really wanted to I knew he would get an award for having perfect attendance all year and that he was the only one in his room to get it. I didn't feel right going in and asking to either leave and go to his assembly or to get one of the crews to go over there. So I texted Ashley to see if she would mind getting a picture of him for me, being the awesome person she is she said yes!
Well in talking with one of the EMT's yesterday morning I mentioned his awards thing and she said we will go over there.. I was floored a lady I had only met once was saying it was no problem to take the ambulance over and watch his assembly. Honestly I was blown away so 12:30 came and we headed to the school. Nancy and I went in while the Paramedic stayed in the ambulance. I went up and tapped Blake on the shoulder to tell him I was there and he had the biggest grin ever. Of course we hadn't had a call the whole day and we both knew that we would get one while there. And sure enough right before his class went up there we got a page. He heard the pager go off and he looked over and gave me a big smile and wave as we ran out the door. Last night he told me he was happy I came and then thought it was cool when he found out we drove the ambulance over to his school just to watch him.

He got a certificate with his picture on it that he has requested we frame and hang in his new room! This morning all the Elementary students who had perfect attendance got to go to a special breakfast with the principals and counselors.

I am really proud of him and glad that the school year is over it was a long one and had lots of rough patches. Hope that he has an awesome teacher next year and that things go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment