Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's day this year was pretty special. I had scheduled to work on the ambulance in St. James the 12 and 13 never realized that the 13 was Mother's Day. But I went ahead and kept my word to show up and decided I would just leave at 5pm and go home to Kenny and the boys. They were still sleeping when I left that morning.

When I pulled in the driveway Nathan greeted me with a huge hug and smile and told me he wear unner wear today (with many many accidents I heard) and he wore his tennis shoes and runned super fast (the child has only wanted to wear cowboys boots for the last year). It was so great to come home to the kids being happy to see me!

I took Nathan with me to do some grocery shopping and when we got home we grilled steaks, brats, hotdogs and hamburgers and had a nice dinner. After the kids were in bed Kenny went outside to clean up some tools and came back in and told me he had something for me. He took my hand and then handed me this:::::
I was in total shock and couldn't think of anything to say! It is two rings the wedding band is flat so I can wear it while on the ambulance which is so nice. I hated not being able to wear my rings makes me feel naked. He had told me a while back that I would have to wait until our 10 year anniversary for a new wedding set. I loved that he picked it out himself, considering that my first set I picked out because he was scared to get something I didn't like. Also means so much to me that he found a set that I could wear just the band while working on the ambulance. Made me really feel like he finally supported me in this journey which means the world to me.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize that it was a new wedding set - I thought it was a mother's day ring!LOVE that you can wear the flat band and it still has diamonds. How wonderful. I am happy you had such a good memory.

    ReplyDelete