Having four days off from work is a very rare occurrence but a very nice one (well 95% of the time).
Thursday we ended up going out to eat with my grandparents at Sirloin Stockade and it was so busy that we didn't get to sit together. So to me it didn't feel like a "family" dinner or any different than if Kenny and I took the kids out to eat. I was very bummed and disappointed that none of our family on either side did anything on Thanksgiving. But next year we decided to have it at our house for both sides of the family.
Later Thursday afternoon Kenny and I took Blake and met another couple and their daughters to watch Happy Feet Two in 3D. Blake loved the movie and it was the first ever 3D movie it was strange seeing stuff come out of the big screen at you. Was cute watching the kids trying to catch things that were coming at us.
Friday morning I woke up to a very awesome text from a very good friend... that she had gotten engaged the night before. I am so happy for her and Blake is happy and excited that he will finally get to attend his first wedding ever. I opted to stay far away from stores on Friday figured two kids and crowds were a recipe for disaster. So we stayed home then went to my in laws for dinner that night.
Saturday we got up bright and early the kids were already at their grandparents house (apparently grandpa can't resist the kids crying wanting to stay so they got to stay over night). We headed to Jeff City to shop for appliances, I knew Sears and Best Buy had some good specials going on for Black Friday weekend. After a couple hours of shopping both stores we decided to get Samsung appliances from Best Buy and got one heck of a deal! Our refrigerator is a bit more fancy than I had intended but for the price I went ahead with it. The oven is a new version of the double oven but only has one door. Once we have it in the house I will take pictures and explain better. We also got our over the range microwave and dishwasher. We got some other shopping done and I was able to get prices and ideas of other gifts.
Sunday we got up early again (so much for getting caught up on sleep with the long weekend) and headed to breakfast and then to Lowes to pick paint. I knew going in to this that it would be a battle. Amanda and I went a few weeks ago and picked several colors and Kenny liked most all of them. However he got frustrated with me because I wanted to make sure what colors we chose I could easily match curtains and decor to. Granted I won't be buying that stuff soon but I wanted to be sure it wasn't going to be a color that was hard to match. We survived that trip got samples and headed home to put them on the wall to be sure we liked them. Having two kids running/helping/arguing was a challenge but we liked all the colors we picked. So back to town we went to buy all the paint and primer. Felt great to have two big things out of the way.
So this week/weekend we will be putting on the primer and then painting the walls and be ready for tile. Another huge task that will cause some arguments I am sure. The way I look at it is we are going to live in this house for ever and I don't want to just settle or pick because we are in a hurry and not like what we get. I've talked to several people that did just that and then hated the floors or wall color for years to come. Not to mention I am a big price checker and want to get the best deal out there which aggravates Kenny at times. But he had to admit my shopping for deals on appliances online and making him go shopping Saturday really paid off.
No comments:
Post a Comment