Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend

I have to much stuff swirling around in my head lately. Not sure how to process it or how to blog about it.


The kids and I had a great weekend, even though a few times I wanted to pull my hair out when they were both tired fighting sleep and yet we had things that we needed to do. Sunday we had an awesome day at a community picnic we were there from 12:30 until 10:00. Blake was wore out but was very well behaved and enjoyed having tons of kids to play with. My stepdad caught us six frogs for the frog jumping contest and Blake’s frog took second, a girl that we loaned one took second and then another boy who used one of ours took third. Guess we had some excited frogs and wanted to get away from us.

They had an egg toss which Blake wanted to do with one of his new friends so I participated with an old friend of mine neither of us won or went very far but we didn’t end up with egg on us either so that was a plus.

I was talked in to playing horse shoes which was a first for me and I half thought about backing out but decided to give it a go and turned out I had fun even being the youngest and only girl. I won one game then lost the second to an older guy who was one of the best players around back in the day so it wasn’t to bad losing to someone like that.

I only talked to Blake when he was hungry or thirsty other than that he played and I just kept an eye on which kids he was with and what he was doing. It was a great day filled with old friends and being able to talk and catch up with people I rarely see. I hope they make it an annual event because it was fun relaxing and an overall good time.

Nathan on 7-3-10
Blake 7-3-10
Blake's frog that he refused to touch
The start of the race
Blake decided to stand next to papa and watch his frog
Egg toss time. Blake didnt want to stand by me so I didnt end up getting a picture
Toss that cost us our egg bummer

No comments:

Post a Comment