This morning after some research and deliberation I have opted to order three Hybrid Cloth Diapers and a box of inserts for each brand. The awesome thing is that 3 diapers and inserts are what I pay for one month of diapers, the inserts that I will buy monthly are half the price of one box of diapers. I plan on using them at home at first to see how I feel about them then talk to the sitter and she what her take is. I would think it would be easier on her since she can just throw out the insert or put them in a bag for me to take home and wash. But I will still have regular diapers for overnight and long car rides or days where we are out and about a lot.
I always thought that cloth diapers were a thing of the past, or that they hadn't improved or changed and you had to mess with folding and pinning. Glad to see that they have improved just wish that I would have talked to Bethany sooner and I could have saved tons of money by starting them when he was born. Better late than never and since we are at 8 months and still have at least a year and a half left of diapering I feel its worth the investment.


I used the old fashioned cloth diapers. Now when I look back I think why did I do that? But honestly, the disaposable diapers then were not much better than cloth. They leaked alot and just didn't seem worth the expense. I have seen these new versions online and wished they had them years ago.
ReplyDeleteIt's worth a try and if it works good for you, I'm sure if you wrote a post about it other people might consider it, too.
Whoo hooo! I hope you don't get negative feedback about this. Usually the people who think it is gross were cloth diapered as a baby! I hope that it is not a difficult transition for you and that Nathan responds to the change okay! You know, you aren't supposed to use regular Desitin for rashes since they hinder absorbancy, but really, that is the only other big change except for not thowing away so much trash (and money!)
ReplyDeletei want to hear all about how they work out. keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteI will make a post as soon as I get them in to try. Saving the money will be nice.
ReplyDeleteConnie from what I hear and my research cloth diapers have come a long way since when the kids were small, I was totally against it from hearing stories from others from long ago. But with encouragement of a friend I decided to give them a try.