One of my closest friends is getting married in a few weeks and it has got me to thinking about my wedding 6 years ago (hard to believe its been 6 years) I remember being super stressed and working 6 days a week. I worked at a car dealership and we picked the month that had 5 weeks in it because I knew I couldn’t get married on the first or last weekend of a month because it was always hectic with month end stuff. Now that I think about it I was pretty dumb to let my job interfere with my wedding date. But none the les it did and I picked August 23rd, 2003. I planned my wedding with a co worker on our lunch breaks. She went with me the day I picked my dress out (and yes I did pick my dress on my lunch hour) I tried on 3 and knew the first one was the one.
Looking back yes I missed out on getting to spend tons of time flipping thru books and trying on hundreds of dresses but I didn’t have time off to do that so I just made the best of what time I had. My co worker was a great friend and like a mom to me I am very grateful for all that she did and for keeping me sane. Do I regret not having my mom or my family with me while trying on dresses…. No because my mom is not a shopper and probably wouldn’t have willingly went with me. But she did love my dress and was happy to give me money towards it so it all worked out.
My wedding day was a blur I had a maid of honor and one bridesmaid. We got up early and spent the day getting our hair done and of course had to eat at our favorite place Maid Rite after our hair was done before we went to the church to get ready. In my mind I had pictured having a nice luxury day getting ready doing my makeup etc but in reality it was jam packed super busy, but with all the hustle and bustle my mind didn’t have time to be nervous. My bridesmaid was more nervous than me I was just ready to be married. My mom had a fit that we would leave the church on four wheelers to head to the reception. Our whole wedding party would ride on them and it made for a great memory.
The actual ceremony was very nice our small church was packed full of friends and family. The ring bearer was 3 and his dad was groomsman and his mom was a bridesmaid so he ran back and forth between them and it was super cute. At one point he sat on the train of my dress and unfortunately no one got a picture of that but it was super cute. We had cake and punch in the basement of the church and then headed to our reception at my husbands grandma’s where we had a huge fish fry.
The entire day and night was great we had lots of fun and there had never been so many people at Mable’s at one time we had cars parked everywhere and there were so many people I couldn’t remember who I had said hello to and who I hadn’t. The entire wedding party stayed at our house so they wouldn’t have to drive home we woke up the next morning and fixed a huge breakfast ate and then we headed to Branson for a couple days.
I have lots of great memories from our wedding and we received lots of great gifts but I got one card and one gift that really meant a lot to me. A good friend got us a beautiful crystal picture frame, one that I had admired for quite some time but never told anyone I liked it due to the price. The card that was attached with it was also very special to me and it’s a card that I will keep forever.
I can only hope that my friend has an amazing wedding and can look back years from now and have great memories and special gifts that she will cherish for an ever, and I am very glad to get to be a part of her celebration and the start of a new chapter in her life.
Here is a picure from our wedding day, its not real good since its scanned in.
who is in your wedding party?
ReplyDeleteFar left is my half sister Brittany, next is Brandi Hill, then Amanda Jones. Next to Kenny is Kerry Mahaney and then Jason Hill, little guy was Jacob Hill.
ReplyDelete